PORTSMOUTH, R.I. — The Portsmouth Emergency Management Agency released the following tips and information on how best to prepare for Tuesday’s winter storm.
A Winter Storm Watch is issued for the Portsmouth area. A total of 8 to 12 inches of snow is expected by Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Portsmouth Emergency Agency, residents should:
- Be prepared to shelter in place (roads may become impassable).
- Be prepared for possible power outages.
- Please *DO NOT* use candles for lighting!
- Check batteries in lanterns, flashlights, and radios now.
- Charge cell phone auxiliary banks now.
- Have a 48 hour supply of water and non-perishable food on hand.
- Have cash on hand. (ATM’s may be out.)