PORTSMOUTH, R.I. — Do you know someone in human resources that’s looking for a new job? The town of Portsmouth is looking for a new human resources director.
The town recently posted the following job opportunity on its website.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, March 9, at 2 p.m.
TOWN OF PORTSMOUTH, RI Announces JOB OPPORTUNITY for HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
This is an administrative and managerial position. The purpose of this position is to develop, manage, administer, supervise and direct the programs and activities of the Human Resource Department in the functional areas of recruitment and termination practices, labor relations, worker’s compensation, injured on duty, retirement, employee benefits, performance evaluation process, compensation and classification systems, human resources policies, procedures and human resource information systems. The Human Resources Director is required to exercise considerable independent judgment in administering and managing the department and is responsible for maintaining and improving upon the efficiency and effectiveness of all areas under his/her direction and control.
All applicants MUST:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and a demonstrated commitment to continuing professional education and 3-5 years of increasingly responsible work experience in a management/supervisory capacity and labor relations and benefits administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Have previous experience in municipal labor relations and union negotiations
- Demonstrate proficiency with standard office productivity tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and prior experience with report writing tools)
- Have strong general management knowledge, including familiarity with risk management
- Be able to supervise and work with others
- Have strong independent problem solving and decision making skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Have excellent customer service skills A Town employment application is required (resume may be attached) and available in the Finance/Personnel Office, Town Hall, 2200 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871, Telephone (401) 683-9118 or on the web at www.portsmouthri.com.
COMPLETED applications will be accepted in the Finance/Personnel Office no later than 2:00 p.m. Thursday, March 9, 2017.
The employment policies and practices of the Town of Portsmouth are to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected status or disabilities that do not interfere with job performance. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER