Find out if your area is part of this list’s worst neighborhoods in Dallas.
Dallas is a city of diverse neighborhoods, a melting pot of culture and lifestyle. From upscale areas to underprivileged districts. Hailed as one of the top places to reside in the US. However, there are still a list of the worst neighborhoods in Dallas that fall short when compared to neighborhoods. Let us find out which areas these are.
According to Southwest Journal, Dallas owns the reputation of a robust economy and a variety of recreational activity. However, some neighborhoods fall short when compared to others. The question is, what are the worst neighborhoods in Dallas to reside in? Read more to know.
- UPPER WEST DALLAS. The first in this list of the worst neighborhoods in Dallas. This area bustles with a hub of activities, brimming with hotels and shopping centers. However, the local economy is a different picture, as the median income here is a mere $18, 936. Homeownership remains a distant dream for residents here even with the modest median home value, $79,700. Unemployment is also a problem in this neighborhood as 7.7% of the population here are unable to secure a job.
- LOWER SOUTH DALLAS. The second in this list of worst neighborhoods in Dallas. This neighborhood is predominantly an urban district. The northern end of this area is close to the downtown, a maze of Interstate interchanges offering a glimpse of the city. But, this area not all concrete and glass as there are green oases like parks and such. However, economic anxiety is a constant problem in this neighborhood. The unemployment rate is at 6,2%. The median income is at $34, 588.
- BOULEVARD-PARK ROW SOUTH. The third in this list of worst neighborhoods in Dallas. This neighborhood is a quaint town with a historic background, boasting houses dating back to the 1910s. However, their economy is less rosy. The median income here is at $30,213 and the unemployment rate is 4.4%.
Dallas is a city with neighborhoods that range from the rich to the less privileged. However, the city lies its strength in diversity and the potential growth and improvement of the city.
- CREST OF CREADAR. The fourth in this list of worst neighborhoods in Dallas. This neighborhood offers a refreshing connection to nature. It is primarily an urban area but it also offers a variety of outdoor activities. However, there the problem with their economy is relevant in this area. The unemployment rate here is at 6.8% and the media income is at $26, 592.
- FORD OF EAGLE. The fifth in this list of worst neighborhoods in Dallas. This area was once a small, independent ton but the rapid expansion of Dallas led to its absorption in the city. Today, this neighborhood faces a problem with their economy as the unemployment rate is at 7.4%, and the median income here is at $36,658.
- CREEK OF THE WOLF. The sixth in this list of worst neighborhoods in Dallas. It is clear that this neighborhood, frugality is a necessity. With stores like Dollar Tree, Five Below, Aldi, and more. The unemployment rate here is at 5.7% and the median income is at $37,023. The local economy of this neighborhood is far from booming and every dollar counts.
- DALLAS SOUTHEAST. The last in this list of worst neighborhoods in Dallas. This neighborhood has a high reputation in crime and questionable public schools. Their economic situation is also very concerning, with unemployment rates at 4.5% and the median income here is at $34,440.