Find out which cities to avoid in this list of the most dangerous cities in Florida.
If you are planning to visit or move to the Sunshine State, make sure to steer clear of the most dangerous cities in Florida. Here is a list for you to explore for your safety.
- RIVIERA BEACH. The first in this list of the most dangerous cities in Florida. This area has been frequently cited as having one of the higher violent crime rates in the state. This small community has an alarmingly high violent crime rate, with murder rates 7 times higher than the national average. Riviera Beach has parts that should be avoided for safety. The safest area is Singer Island, but the remaining areas in the city contribute to the its ranking among the worst areas in the state.
- HOMESTEAD. Homestead is the second in this list of the most dangerous cities in Florida. Homestead is part of this list as there is a high rate when it comes to property and violent crimes.
- DAYTONA BEACH. Daytona is the third in this list of most dangerous cities in Florida. Daytona Beach may be famous for race tracks and spring break celebrations that draw thousands of tourists every year, unfortunately, this is an unsafe place in Florida to live in. The violent crimes in this city is 1,006 per 100,000 residents. Property crime here is almost 2.5 times higher than the national average.
It is important to note that high crime rates in these cities are often because of socioeconomic problems that are underlying.
- LAUDERHILL. Lauderhill is the fourth in this list of the most dangerous cities in Florida. Lauderhill has experienced spikes in property crime, with concerns of burglary and theft. This city has seen an increase in crime rates over the past years. Last year, the city recorded 632 violent crimes. The overall violent crime rate here is 878 per 100,000 residents.
- POMPANO BEACH. This area is the 5th in this lists of most dangerous cities in Florida. Pompano Beach has seen a significant drug trafficking activity due to the coastal location, making it a target for law enforcement operations. This city is located in Miami’s metropolitan area and is experiencing relatively high rates of violence and property crime when compared to the national average. This city’s poverty rate, while below national average, still indicates a significant portion of the population that is facing economic challenges. Statewide, jobless rate is slightly higher.
- ORLANDO. Orlando is the 6th in this list of most dangerous cities in Florida. The most populous city in the state has a violent crime rate 2.2 times higher than the national average. Although crime here has been slowly decreasing for decades, there has been a slight increase since 2020. Nevertheless, this city has made efforts to reduce violent crime and make Orlando safer.
- DEERFIELD BEACH. The last in this list of the most dangerous cities in Florida is Deerfield Beach. While this city is picturesque, there has been a rise in car theft in recent years. As part of the Miami metropolitan area, this city faces challenges associated with urban living. The city experiences higher rates in both violent and property crime when compared to the national average. However, the poverty rate is below the national average which suggests that a significant portion of the population of the city is economically stable.