Are you planning to move, travel, or visit? Here is a list of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities.
New Jersey is known for its mountains and beaches. Although it is a beautiful and diverse state, there are also places that you need to be aware of. Here is a list of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities.
Below is a list of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities compiled by Travel Safe-Abroad.
- The 1st in the list of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities is Camden. Approximately 33.6% of the residents in Camden live below the poverty line. The city’s overall crime rate last year was 35.47 per a thousand residents.
- The next in New Jersey’s most dangerous cities is Trenton. The chances of being a victim of violent crime in the city is 1 in 111, property crime odds are 1 in 55. Although the city’s crime rate decline in between 2021 and 2022, the city still made it to the list of Murder Capitals in in the US.
- Paterson. This city is one of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities because the total number of crimes last year was 3,137. With violent crimes 1,168, and property crimes ate 1,969. This city is listed in the top 100 most dangerous cities in the US.
- Atlantic City is the fourth in New Jersey’s most dangerous cities as outside its small glitzy patches, are rundown neighborhoods festered with crime. Last year, 1,199 crimes were committed in the city.
- Irvington is the fifth in the list of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities. This city has become so dangerous that people avoid even driving through the small city. Last year, the city saw 1,230 crimes.
Violent crimes are a serious consideration when you plan to move or travel to a new place.
- The 1st in the list of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities according to House Grail is Newark. Crime in the city is split across the southwestern part, rural northern, and northwestern regions. The southern part of the city has 70 times more violent crimes than the northwestern portion.
- Jersey City is the next in the list of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities. Violent crimes in the city are more concentrated on the eastern waterfront near the ports.
- Elizabeth. This city is part of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities as violent crimes are concentrated on the center of the city.
- East Orange is next in New Jersey’s most dangerous cities. However, even though it is part of the list, crime is low in almost all areas in and around the city.
- Lastly, New Brunswick is also part of New Jersey’s most dangerous cities. Violent crimes are restricted almost entirely to the center of the city and in downtown areas.
As usual, it is much better if you research more about the cities, if you plan to move or travel.