Find out which cities did not live up to the peaceful vibes of the Natural State. Is your city in this list of the most dangerous cities in Arkansas?
The state of Arkansas has built a reputation as a quiet place full of green spaces. It is called the Natural State for this reason. But does the name hype up to the peaceful vibes of the forests? Come ride along as we discover the most dangerous cities in Arkansas.
- HELENA. Helena is the first in this list of most dangerous cities in Arkansas. Driving through Helena gives off the vibes of a small town with several majestic century old homes, however, you would be shocked by the danger that is going on in this city. The crime rate here is 118 higher than every other cities in the state. On top of that, Arkansas is already 179% higher than that of the national average. Which means that Helena has one of the highest crime rates in the US.
- HOT SPRINGS. Hot Springs is the second in this list of most dangerous cities in Arkansas. Along with the busy strip of Main Street and the gorgeous views of the Lake Hamilton, crime is prevalent here. Hot Springs is part of an area that is on the list of the 50 most dangerous in the nation, which may be the reason as to why this is on the list. 583 act of violence for every 100,000 residents was committed last year alone.
- LITTLE ROCK. Little Rock is the third in this list of most dangerous cities in Arkansas. Little Rock is the capital of the state, so it may not be surprising to see this here. After all, a large accumulation of people often leads to crimes. And while this city is commonly viewed as one of the most affordable major cities in the US, it comes with a price: 1 in 55 residents have fallen victim of violent crime here.
Arkansas is mostly made up of rural towns and beautiful landscapes, unfortunately this does not mean that much when it comes to crime. However, it is to note that the population of bigger cities in the state seems to have high percentage of crime in comparison to other cities or state that one might assume to have worse criminal activities.
- JACKSONVILLE. Jacksonville is the fourth in this list of most dangerous cities in Arkansas. This might seem confusing as this city is lauded as one of the best places to live in the state, with a healthy economy and plenty of stuff to do. However, the crime rate here is 1,160 per 100,00. That adds stains to the town as having one of the highest rates for similar sized areas in the country.
- BLYTHEVILLE. Blytheville is the fifth in this list of most dangerous cities in Arkansas. Between the metro area of Little Rock to Memphis, there is a whole lot of nothing. At least, that is what it seems, as in the middle of that is this city with a crime rate of 51 per every 1000 people. Violent crime rate is high at 71, while property crime is at 95.
- FORT SMITH. The sixth in this list of most dangerous cities in Arkansas. Fort Smith is on the Border of Oklahoma, making it a popular list to love and visit. Driving down the strip, you might think that you have driven through a portal to Europe. But, the quaint ambience does not equal safe. This city’s crime rate is two times higher than the national average. The violent crime is at 41 per 1000 residents, while property crime is at 76.
- OSCEOLA. Osceola is the last in this list of most dangerous cities in Arkansas. It is advised to not walk here alone at night. The violent crime rate in this city is 90 per 1000 residents. You might have a 1 in 36 chance of falling victim of any crime. There is also a 1 in 24 chance of having your property vandalized.
When you are traveling to the state or any other state for that matter, always know about these 5 things: do not acknowledge strangers, leave your car doors locked, do not carry cash with you, do not take anything from anyone, and keep quiet about your winnings. Stay safe out there, folks!